Who will benefit from our specialist service ?
What is sessional OT ?
- Most care providers don’t need a full time or part time OT within the service as this proves costly and un-necessary; a sessional OT visits each week to provide consultation for improving the overall service.
Why commission a sessional specialist LD OT ?
- Commissioning a sessional OT on a weekly basis can prove invaluable and beneficial is an in-expensive resource and will prove cost efficient both short and long term.
How are you evidencing to commissioners you are a specialist LD service provider ?
- LD OT consultancy sessional OT can provide you with this much needed evidence.
What can LD sessional OT provide you with ?
- Regular weekly consultation to improve or maintain your service and needs of users of the service.
- Evidence for purchasers/ commissioner’s that you are a specialist service provision with an OT attached to your service.
- Evidencing quality service
- Preparation for CQC
What do we offer during sessional consultation ?
- Improving and contributing to care planning for your LD client group
- Moving/ handling assessment with advice and support for care planning and risk assessment.
- Activity scheduling / planning to demonstrate meaningful/purposeful activity that is balanced, routined and structured.
- Supervision for staff.
- Effective documentation/ recording for staff.
- LD and best practice in 21st century.
- Guidance regarding referrals to health teams – referrals to health teams
- Evidencing service users needs.
- Retaining or increasing packages of care through accurately evidencing needs professionally.
- Legal guidance about what statutory services must provide
- Building staff confidence.
- Improving your environments through accessibility for mobility or autism friendly.
- Single handed care practice and training.
- We can also offer training (see training page), individual service user specialist
- OT assessments, OT assessments for equipment will provide you with evidence needed to obtain funding. Individual clinical assessment to evidence health and/or social care needs or changes in a service users need.
- Attendance at MDT or Best interest meetings.
- Attendance at statutory reviews.
- Referral to CHC with completion of checklist.
We also offer LD specific training (see training page), individual service user specialist OT assessments, OT assessments for equipment will provide you with evidence needed to obtain funding. Individual clinical assessment to evidence health and/or social care needs or changes in a service users need. Attendance at MDT or Best interest meetings; Attendance at statutory reviews; referral to CHC with completion of checklist.